Awnings are an ideal way to provide external shade protecting from the threat of skin damage by the sun. Awnings have been used mostly for commercial applications. But awnings are also suited for the domestic market. Awnings can add various benefits when fitted to areas such as patios. The location of awnings on a building may be:
- above a window,
- above a door,
- above the area along a sidewalk.
Awnings will allow you to enjoy the outside area during the peak UV hours. Awnings are available in a variety of materials and systems.
Awnings Covers Materials
Modern awnings may be constructed with different types of cover materials including:
- various types of fabrics,
- corrugated fibreglass,
- corrugated polycarbonate
There is a range of awning systems including:
- non cassette awnings system,
- semi cassette awnings system,
- full cassette awnings system.
Any of these awnings systems can be operated either manually with a crank handle or remote control electric operation.
Manually-operated awnings have support arms that can be angled back against the house or set vertically on the deck or patio floor. These arms provide extra support, stability and increase the awning’s versatility by making the attachment of certain accessories available. Manually-operated awnings benefits include:
- low-cost affordability,
- easy adaptability to almost any deck or patio,
Motorized awnings have no vertical supports. They have retracting lateral arms, creating an unobstructed shaded area. Motorized awnings are operated by an electric motor, generally hidden inside the roller bar of the awning. The arms open and close the awning at the touch of a wireless remote control or a wall-mounted switch. There is an option to install a wind sensor for automatic retraction. Motorized awnings benefits include:
- classic simplicity and beauty.
- Awnings will let you to get near-instant protection and shade.
- They can help to save on air-conditioning costs, preventing the sun from shining through windows or sliding glass doors
- Awnings can help prevent carpets and furniture from fading in sunlight.
- They provide save and shielded from direct sun place for children and pets to play.
Awnings can have accessories which will increase the versatility and usefulness of decks or patios:
- A screen room add-on: Can easily turn an awning into a virtually bug-free outdoor room,
- Side screening: Cuts down on wind and mist coming under the sides of awnings,
- Patio lights: Let people enjoy their decks at night.