Bamboo Window Blinds
Bamboo window blinds are part of the new trend of using earthy, sustainable, eco-friendly materials in home decorating. Environmental and health issues make bamboo window blinds one of the best choice for your window covering.
Bamboo Blinds Advantages
- Bamboo blinds provide excellent ventilation
- Bamboo blinds are pesticide-free (bamboo plant produces a substance that acts as a natural pest repellent)
- Bamboo blinds provide powerful sun protection
- Bamboo blinds do not have the hazards associated with plastic blinds and other PVC window coverings.
Bamboo Blinds Styles
Bamboo window blinds come in wide selection of colours. Among the most popular styles are:
- roman bamboo blinds
- venetian bamboo blinds
- roller bamboo blinds
- matchstick bamboo blinds
- woven bamboo blinds
Bamboo Blinds Tips
- Measure your window size properly to ensure the right fit for your bamboo window blinds.
- Check if the pulley mechanism for raising and lowering your bamboo blinds is working smoothly.
- Examine the quality and condition of the hanging frame to see if it gives your blinds a good lift.
- Buy bamboo blinds that come with a warranty (in case the frame is defective).
- Check online suppliers who offer free shipping and free samples.
Bamboo Blinds Maintenance
Bamboo blinds may look delicate, but they are actually very resistant and durable. Your bamboo blinds will last longer if you maintain them properly. Bamboo window blinds maintenance is simple and easy:
- Clean bamboo blinds as needed with soap and water or a window cleaner.
- From time to time wipe them with a dry piece of non-abrasive cloth.
Bamboo Blinds Price
The price of your blinds depends upon the size you require.
Bamboo blinds range in price from as low as $20 to as high as $500.
Custom made bamboo shades and window blinds are the more expensive.
Ready made bamboo window blinds are reasonably priced and look attractive and stylish.
Take your time choosing the right style of bamboo window blinds for you. Unlike clothing fashions, bamboo window blinds are likely to remain a fixture in your home for a very long time.
Bamboo Blinds Installation
Bamboo blinds are quite easy to use and install.
If you buy bamboo blinds from a local store or manufacturer, they can install them for you.
An extra charge for this service may be added to the price of your bamboo blinds.
You can install bamboo blinds yourself. All the necessary hardware comes with the bamboo blinds or shades. Make sure you get all the information you need about the tools required.
Outdoor Bamboo Blinds
Outdoor bamboo blinds mounted on the outside of your window.
You will need a larger size of outdoor bamboo blinds to cover the entire window surface.
You do not need to weatherproof outside bamboo blinds since bamboo is a natural material that can endure extremes of heat and cold. When both sides fade, you can refinish or pain outside bamboo blinds in a new colour so they will look fresh.