Roman blinds are one of the most popular blinds available in the market today.
Roman blinds are functional, convenient and provide classic look of casual drape-like effect for your modern or traditional home.
Roman blinds are very easy to raise and lower by means of a cord lock system (no need to fumble with settings and angles).
Roman Blinds Styles
- Flat fold roman style - hang smoothly and simply,
- Roman teardrop style - involves hanging rows of looped fabric, and which will give your space a stylish and refined atmosphere.
Roman Blinds Fabric
- Roman Blind made with sheer fabric provides a flowing and open look.
- Roman Blind made with heavier opaque fabric provides an increased level of privacy and light control.
- Textured rayon and polyester blends are very resistant, very attractive, and easy to clean. It's the most popular and elegant choice of fabrics for roman blinds.
Roman Blinds Features
- Roman blinds are very easy to install
- Roman blinds are easy to clean
- Roman blinds have simple and elegant design
- Roman blinds depending on the fabric, can be very stylish.
- Roman blinds cheaper alternative to expensive curtains.
Where to use Roman Blinds
Roman blinds are one of the most versatile window coverings. The areas to use roman blinds:
- dining area
- sitting room
Make sure to tuck cords away safely to avoid excessive pulling and blind damage if you choose to use roman blinds in a space where children or pets are present
Roman Blinds Making and Installation
You can make your own roman blinds or hire someone who makes them for you.
To make roman blinds yourself you wiil need roman blind equipments. You can purchase roman blind equipments needed at your local hobby store. They will also have books containing roman blinds making instructions.
If you hire someone to make roman blinds for you take a look at their previous work. Make sure that you will be hiring a professional and that they make quality roman blinds.
Roman Blinds Preparation Steps
There are few steps in the preparation procedure such as:
- Roman blind makers will advise you which fabrics to used for the roman blinds according to your taste.
- They will get measurement of the window you are planning to install roman blind in.
- You should choose where you want to put the blinds, either on the outside recess of the window or in the inside.