Sheer blinds create an unmistakable atmosphere in your room giving any window a soft look that will enhance any decor. Large windows and sliding-glass doors can sometimes pose a problem when it comes to blinds. Sheer blinds provide easy opening and closing mechanisms that allow you to have full access to sliding doors and windows. Sheer blinds are custom made to your specification and measurement to ensure a perfect fit. They are are available in a variety of colours and vertical and horizontal styles. Sheer blinds have removable vanes for easy washing.
Sheer Blinds - Horizontal
Horizontal sheer blinds work like a wood blind and a cellular shade in one.
Horizontal sheer blinds filter the light and provide complete privacy much like a cellular blind.
Horizontal sheer blinds have fabric vanes that can be tilted open like a horizontal blind to open the view to the outside through the sheer fabric. The sheer, adjustable fabric vanes are suspended between two sheer fabric facings going beyond traditional shades with an infinite range of light filtration.
When raising your shade, the fabric roller right up into the headrail completely enfolding the shades to give you a clear opening and maximum view out your window. Horizontal sheer blinds could be used as an alternative to roman blinds.
Sheer Blinds - Vertical
Vertical sheer blinds provide a formal look of a contemporary soft drapery with the function and privacy of a vertical blind.
Vertical sheer blinds filter the light and provide complete privacy. They can have a special insulated layer that makes them 20% more energy efficient than other vertical blinds.
Vertical sheer blinds have vanes that can be tilted open like a vertical blind to open the view to the outside through the sheer fabric. Vertical sheer blinds are recommended for taller windows or sliding glass doors.
Vertical sheer blinds can be finished off with a decorative rod (smooth, small reed or large reed) and finials. The perfect finishing touch to set your sheer blinds apart. For a designer look, opt for a colour-coordinated valance or custom-wood fascia.
Sheer Blinds - Care
- Dust your sheer blinds regularly with a feather duster or a standard vacuum.
- Spills and stains can be lightly blotted with a cloth or damp sponge.
- More difficult stains may require gentle washing in water with mild soap.
To do this you need:
- remove the vanes from the carriers,
- remove the plastic inserts from the pocket of the fabric sleeves,
- submerge, soak and rub them lightly,
- lay them flat to dry or place back in window.
- The sheer fabric and the coloured fabric sleeve can be ironed if they become wrinkled.
- Remove the plastic vane insert from the fabric sleeve pocket before ironing the vane.
- Iron the sheer fabric and the vane at level 2, or the "silk" setting on a household iron.